Monday, November 9, 2009

International Thanksgiving presentation

This past Sunday, I was booked at the Kenton County library for its International Thanksgiving program. This is the second year I've done this and it happens in collaboration with Kenton County's English as a Second Language program.
Here is Sara Howery, who is the children's librarian and loves to book me for lots of her programs. She wanted me to get everybody up dancing so here we're doing a Crow water song "Wishe Ta."Later we finished with Cherokee friendship dance. I told the crowd when they see me, that there's gonna be dancing involved ... So Chooj just loved doing this dance. The expression on his face is priceless. Many of my friends came and for some of them, it was the first time at one of my performances. Usually Hayes has her part doing a jingle dress dance. We head back to Kenton County in two weeks for a full program in which Hayes will not only demonstrate the jingle dress dance, but also teach it to a group of students scheduled to come. Here is my friend Brenda (the one with the best hair in the world) during our last dance. Brenda and I were most proud of her daughter Alexa for standing up to introduce herself as Russian born during the international portion of the library's event.

No comments: