Sunday, November 1, 2009

And THEN we went to the SC State Fair

I've lived in five different states and visited the state fair in each. I can say with authority that NOTHING compares to the South Carolina State Fair for me so I was pretty excited when my grandmother told me we'd be in town at the right time to go. I mean, where else can you see a giant sand sculpture of the Congaree National Forest?
Last year Chooj rode stuff by himself and was totally excited about the experience and now Hayes is big enough to ride the big rides by herself. She did talk me into riding the SuperLoop at a recent fair here.
But Hayes played the dutiful big sister and took Chooj on a lot of the rides.
I just loved it when she put her arm around him on the swings.
Here she is getting him all excited about riding the dragon roller coaster.
Animals are always a big hit with the kids and we had to walk through the poultry barn then feed goats and such. My friend Jennifer teases me whenever we do this since we live on a farm, for heaven's sakes. You can just see Hayes' pointing finger chastising this greedy goat. He didn't pay her any attention.
Back at my grandmother's, we played outside. Kentucky had been having high temps of 45 degrees so we were happy, happy, happy to have the balmy SC weather even though my grandmother complained it was cold. Hayes did her own thing playing with acorns, constructing some sort of zoo.
Chooj wanted my grandfather's truck.
This truck has been played with through four generations now and practically everytime someone gets it out, someone else always busts a toe on it. We have been injury-free this go round - perhaps it's taken 50 years for us to figure it out.

No comments: