Wednesday, November 11, 2009

What you can do with Silly Putty + our trip to CoCoKey Waterpark

I am the first to tell you that my daughter is so much smarter than I was at her age. She has found a myriad of things to do with Silly Putty.
I think all I did was use to lift comics off the page with Silly Putty.
While at lunch the other day with my friend Jane, Hayes crafted this Silly Putty snail.

Yesterday we had a homeschool outing with the Simpson family to CoCoKey Water Park. I don't have pictures because right off my camera batteries died. Chooj and Hayes were in heaven after I cajoled Chooj to try the slides then he was all over it. Hayes came and took him on the speedy water slide and, no kidding, he did that slide about 100 times in a row. Meanwhile, I shivered on deck. You'd think an indoor water park would have warm water, although I do like my water just below boiling so maybe I'm just being picky.
The kicker was I was standing on this obstacle course getting my friend Holly's attention to catch Chooj on a slide and this mountain of water got dumped right on the two of us. If you've ever seen the game show "Wipeout," it was just like that only I didn't get my $50,000. Rats.

2 comments:

Dean said...

Hi Shannon-
Believe it or not, we are using Silly Putty in a polishing tool we are using on a big mirror. Though they don't call it Silly Putty - they call it a "non-Newtonian liquid", or NNL. Really!

-Dean

P.S.- I'm not sure they went out and bought 100 eggs worth of SP, or if you can get it in gallon buckets...

Kim said...

The water park sounds great! Glad you had a good time.