Sunday, November 22, 2009

Thanksgiving presentation in Covington

This was my last presentation for Native American Month and I finished my schedule at the Covington library. I'm guessing about 50 people were there - many returnees from last year or programs from a few weeks ago. Always nice to see familiar faces but now I'm going to have to come up with new lines during my gig!
Something different this time was doing a Rabbit Dance. Chooj got to dance with Sara Howery, the children's librarian. Then he danced with me during the closing Cherokee Friendship Dance. My friend Jennifer and her son, Johnny, round out the line during dancing. Hayes did her part in the lead for the Cherokee Booger Dance (always a hit with the kids):
Everyone loved it, as usual. Aside from only one other performance for the year - at an elementary school in Charleston, SC - I'll have a break until spring.

1 comment:

Jennifer D. said...

*sigh* I really hate I missed this AGAIN! We're still in South Alabama, though.

It looks like a great time was had by all!