Thursday, December 24, 2009

Temporary creatures at Hoppy Hollow

In my last post, I mentioned my friend Tracy is on her way across the country for the holidays. In addition to our dogs, cats, chickens and horses, Tracy's family's two guinea pigs, baby lamb and three goats are here for two weeks.
"Lamby" gets bottle fed three times a day from milk from the goat.

Now why can't the lamb just nurse the goat? Good question and here's your answer: teeth! Plus, Fannie hates Lamby.
Lamby and Reset are about the same size. Maybe that's why Fannie chases off Reset too. When Tracy was setting up the panels under one of the horses' run-in sheds, Hank and Gracie were like,"What the devil are those crazy things and why are they in our run-in shed?" This is when I need a Thoroughbred. Goats are often stalled with racehorses to keep them calm at the track.

Typical - the adults do all the work and the kids play. While hearing the goats baaing whenever I go to Tracy's makes me laugh, I think I'm going to get pretty darn tired after two weeks of constantly hearing it. It's not even a "baa." It's almost like an I'm-dying-right-now sound. Hayes and Chooj have been having a good time with Charlie and Bugza. I was instructed the other night that I HAD to stop by the grocery for carrots and cabbage for them.


1 comment:

Pam Johnson Brickell said...

Howdy Shannon!! Your blog has a new look :) Love purple!

Things have been crazy since summer with my husband's back surgery. That went well but it seems I'm just getting out from my own pile of backed up duties. Better late than never :)

You've been having such fun! Have a Merry Christmas and a happy, healthy, prosperous and safe New Year!