Wednesday, December 23, 2009

The bedroom gets an overhaul

It's taken the better part of a week to get my bedroom painted. I hate painting - I'm no good at it. I spill, I drip, I go outside the lines, but it's my bedroom so I can live with it.
I knew I wanted gold, but everything I found was too yellow or too brown. Then I found the Ralph Lauren regent metallic and I was sold. Problem was I happened to love the paint that cost $42 a gallon. At a friend's suggestion, I tried matching it to Benjamin Moore but no go.
Now once I got one coat on the walls, hadn't done the cut work yet and was just about out of paint, lo and behold, I see I need another coat. Dagnabbit.
Back to the store for more $42 paint. I kept telling myself it was just $42 paint then my friend Morita says,"Well, that's 85 dollars." and I got all aggravated.
It's finally done today and I moved some furniture and here is the final product.

The kids love it and my friend Brenda said the color is the color of queens. I do love that comment.
My next project is tiling my bathroom, which I will call upon my Aunt Melinda quite frequently to talk me through the whole process because I'm kinda skeered about doing it.

No comments: